slide changes every 10 seconds
"Jarvis Hall & School of Mines" - 319
Colorado University Schools
In this illustration are the first two buildings of the Colorado University Schools campus, Jarvis Hall college (left - 1870) and the Territorial School of Mines (right - 1871, institution now Colorado School of Mines). At lower right are Jarvis Hall students being trained in West Point style military tactics by instructor George West. The Colorado University Schools campus was established by Bishop George M. Randall of the Episcopal church in 1869 at the present day location of the fenced compound of the Lookout Mountain School for Boys. The campus was attacked by arsonists in 1878 and abandoned by 1880, and all buildings no longer exist.